We are blessed to be located in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Since we are on an island, we are especially mindful of our scarce natural resources and our impact on the environment and coastline. Our ongoing efforts on behalf of sustainability and environmental stewardship include the following:
1) Our maintenance foreman is certified in Sustainable Cleaning and only uses biodegradable products. (See below)
2) We have changed out lights to dimmable LED's to use less energy.
3) Our landscaping requires little or no irrigation.
4) We recycle and encourage guests to do the same with clearly marked trash cans.
5) A portion of all proceeds goes to the Wounded Warrior Project - http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
6) All food items left in the home upon departure are donated and distributed to the needy of Kona.